PDA

View Full Version : Stop: 0x0000007E error and Windows XP won't start up

bugmento
2009-10-21, 06:22
okay so I used Spybot S&D to get rid of some virus on my computer that i thought was spyware. (basically what the virus did was redirect all my google searches to ad websites). After this happened, it said I needed to restart my computer so I did, Spybot ran again, and then asked me a whole bunch of changes and whether to "allow" or "ignore" or "deny change". I'm not sure if this caused it, but I clicked "allow" or "deny change" for a lot of them, and now neither firefox nor IE would work because both would crash anytime i tried to use them.

so to remedy THIS problem I tried using "system restore" to last week to when my laptop was working just fine, but system restore just messed my computer up worse. Now XP doesn't even start up, and i get a Blue Screen with the error "STOP: 0x00000007E (0x0000005, 0xC0000001, 0xF7AA13D4, 0xF7AA1D0)" and its an endless cycle of restarting but XP never working.

I have tried safe mode, last known good configuration, all of those options, and none has gotten XP to start.

I'm so lost on what to do, can anyone help me out?

thanks for any feedback