PDA

View Full Version : Java / Windows Installer Problems

rbm22
2009-10-29, 16:13
Hi .

Thanks for reading and helping me .

Whenever i click on the MyComputer / ControlPanel icon I get the windows installer box trying to configure Microsoft Enterprise 2007 .

Enterprise was preloaded onto my computer after XP was reinstalled last year . We only use the Word function and never had any problems . Now Word wont open .

I updated the Windows Installer thinking it was maybe corrupted - still happens .

When i run Mcafee Quick Clean some Office related registry stuff comes up and when i shred these the installer window comes up again but the stuff does get deleted .

Also the java applet in Firefox 3.0.14 doesnt load on different websites - again this has never happened before . I cant remove java using Add/Remove function and when i try to download another version "internal error" comes up - and windows installer box pops up repeatedly again .

I need help and guidance please .

peku006
2009-11-02, 12:39
Hi rbm22

Please see the forum FAQ which details how to produce a HJT log and copy paste it into a new topic.
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)