PDA

View Full Version : Please help - Google redirect in Firefox and IE

DanTanna86
2009-10-30, 00:35
Hi and thank you for helping me. I'm getting redirected to some funky sites when I do a google search and click on the provided links. It happens in Firefox and IE. The other day I did a search for Jessica Biel and checked out her pictures and BAM! Pop-ups galore! My Vipre Anti-virus went crazy, Ad-aware and MalwareBytes removed some pretty threatening trojans and all kinds of stuff.

This is a company laptop and I'm pretty anal when it comes to "extra stuff" running in the background. Below is my HijackThis log - I've chosen to hide a few entries which are company related (large insurance company) and are safe. I have run Ad-Aware many times as well as MalwareBytes and my Vipre Antivirus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:03:01 PM, on 10/29/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.21115)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\VIPRE\SBAMSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\VIPRE\SBAMTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://agencygateway1.allstate.com/eaiSSL/EAIWeb/EAIServlet?OrigURL=https%3A//agencygateway1.allstate.com/dccdjct/dccd%3FORURL%3Dhttps%3A//agencygateway.allstate.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SBAMTray] C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\VIPRE\SBAMTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware (SBAMSvc) - Sunbelt Software - C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\VIPRE\SBAMSvc.exe
O23 - Service: TuneUp Drive Defrag Service (TuneUp.Defrag) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TuneUpDefragService.exe

--
End of file - 3519 bytes :rockon:

DanTanna86
2009-10-30, 00:41
^^^ Ummmmm... I typed in that company name to fool you???

tashi
2009-10-30, 01:34
Hello DanTanna86,

This is a company laptop and I'm pretty anal when it comes to "extra stuff" running in the background. Below is my HijackThis log - I've chosen to hide a few entries which are company related (large insurance company)

Note:
When the infected computer in question is a company machine in the workplace, or you are an employee.

The intention of this forum is not to replace a company's IT department, nor can we anticipate alterations or configurations that may have been made to a business machine, or how it will interact with the tools commonly used in the removal of malware.

The majority of the tools used in this forum are only free for Home Users and only tested on Home machines, they may well change settings that are required for a Company network. Another consideration is that company information may show in the logs.

More than one machine could be at stake, possibly even the server. If sensitive material has been compromised by an infection, the company could be held liable.

To prevent any possible loss or corruption of company information, please inform your IT Professional or Supervisor when a workplace computer has been infected, immediately.

It's not that we don't want to help, but there are too many issues that could arise from a networked company machine that malware forum volunteers are not experienced in dealing with.

Thank you for your understanding.

Personal computers or..... (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=25712&postcount=5)

Best regards. :)

DanTanna86
2009-10-30, 03:15
Not being able to edit my original post - this is not a company owned laptop. I simply use it for personal AND business. We have no I.T. dept. Sorry about that, I'll start a new thread if my uneditable post causes this thread to fail.

Thanks for your help.