PDA

View Full Version : IE redirects. cant run spybot or avg

DrMango
2009-10-30, 06:45
im on xp service pack 2
programs wont run. spybot gets windows cannot access the specified path...

ran win32kdiag.exe it ends with

:cannot access c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpscv.exe

txt file reads:

Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Win32kDiag.exe

Log file at : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Win32kDiag.txt

WARNING: Could not get backup privileges!

Searching 'C:\WINDOWS'...

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\addins\addins

Mount point destination : \Device\__max++>\^

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP188.tmp\ZAP188.tmp

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP268.tmp\ZAP268.tmp

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP28C.tmp\ZAP28C.tmp

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP2B6.tmp\ZAP2B6.tmp

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAPD5.tmp\ZAPD5.tmp

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\temp\temp

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\assembly\tmp\tmp

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\Config\Config

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\Connection Wizard\Connection Wizard

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\Debug\UserMode\UserMode

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\ime\imejp\applets\applets

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\ime\imejp98\imejp98

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\0DC1503A46F231838AD88BCDDC8E8F7C\3.2.30729\3.2.30729

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\D7314F9862C648A4DB8BE2A5B47BE100\1.0.0\1.0.0

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\DC3BF90CC0D3D2F398A9A6D1762F70F3\2.2.30729\2.2.30729

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\java\classes\classes

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\java\trustlib\trustlib

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\Bind Logs\Bind Logs

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\msapps\msinfo\msinfo

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\mui\mui

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\ERRORREP\QHEADLES\QHEADLES

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\ERRORREP\QSIGNOFF\QSIGNOFF

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\ERRORREP\UserDumps\UserDumps

Found mount point : C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\BATCH\BATCH

Cannot access: C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpsvc.exe

[1] 2004-08-04 06:00:00 743936 C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\helpsvc.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[1] 2008-04-13 18:12:21 744448 C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpsvc.exe ()

[1] 2008-04-13 18:12:21 744448 C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\helpsvc.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

please help me im getting very angry with this computer and i miss toss it at a wall soon. thanks in advance

Kyle

i wanted to just edit my post for more info but i guess you cant on here.

Im on a AMD athalon, windows xp sp 2. was trying to watch flashforward episode 6 last night. found someone else trying to do the same on ask yahoo. followed a link that looked trustworthy. tried to watch video on the followed link, which looked legit. video never loaded so i closed window and carried on with my day. After a few minutes i had 2 different security pop ups which were made to look like windows security center. they were obviously not from windows so i closed them and imediately tried to find spybot search and destroy online. i would get redirected to an advertisement site for some spyware removal.. finally got spybot dl'd from authors site. Installed spybot. would update but then it wouldnt run. got the msg. "windows cannot access the specified device path or file"
i then went to AVGs website and DL'd the free one. AVG would update but wouldnt even open the scan tool. I then had to restart. when restarted, AVG wasnt even on my computer anymore. completly disapeared.
I followed steps listed on Major geeks website for removal of malware. i was only able to get one of the programs to do a scan(superantispyware) it found 5 trojans and another file, that i cant remember. it asked me to reboot and when i went back to locate the logfile. there was no txt file anywhere(even searched computer). this program wont even run anymore. all other pograms they listed wont open or run scans, they seem to be getting blocked..
I really dont know what to do now..
--------------------------
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

tashi
2009-10-30, 19:24
New topic. http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=53010