PDA

View Full Version : Malware removal. All attempts being stopped

DrMango
2009-10-30, 19:22
followed all instructions up till Hijackthis.

sorry, it was late at night when posting my other thread. Im sorry that i posted on this forum and also MajorGeeks forum. BOTH UNDER SAME NAME: DrMango

First. when i initially had problems i tried to use system restore to 2 restore points back. i was successful in restoring but problems persisted.

then i had run through all of their instructions for malware removal MajorGeeks.com provided me. This included using the scan and providing the logfile that i presented on this forum also. that is why i did that log.

followed this guide. http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139313

as per majorgeeks forum i ran/attempted to run these programs:

MGtools>program did not open. was blocked
CCleaner.exe<program worked and cleaned temp files etc
Win32kdiag.exe<worked initially, but stopped where i showed in log file
SUPERantiSpyware.exe<did update and completed scan as mentioned before(6 total problems found), but was blocked from running after restart, is now uninstalled
Malwarebytes.exe<would not run at all. blocked from doing scan

NOW: i am following your instructions. results as follows>

I cannot run Spybot as it is being blocked. therefore i can't disable teatimer. when i click on spybot i get "windows cannot access the specified device path or file"

Installed and ran ERUNT as per instructions. did not run "NTREGOPT"

HJTInstall.exe saved to desktop. installed and ran progam as per instructions. Hijackthis ran after clicking the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. when it closed on its own. NO notepad opened, nothing saved to desktop. nothing happened. Tried to run Hijackthis again and got "windows cannot access the specified device path or file"

Made this new thread with all possible background info i can think of. Was told to make new thread in instructions given.

Thanks for any help!

Kyle

Dakeyras
2009-11-02, 12:32
Hi. :)

Since you are currently being assisted here (http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=202033). This topic will be closed and archived.