PDA

View Full Version : No desktop background after removal

flyinmx
2009-10-31, 01:06
Hi, I'm a new user of Spybot. I used it yesterday to remove the antivirus pro thing.

Today it reappeared (while I was searching the same site that I was when it first appeared, so I can name the site if you want me to) and I removed it (as well as all other threats) again.

I restarted the computer to remove the threats that couldn't be removed before. But now I can't have a custom desktop background for some reason. :confused: I know its not a huge deal, but I'd like to have a decent background.

I guess I should note that I only have a moderate knowelege of computers. So I don't know much about how spybot actually works. I just had it remove all threats for me.

Zenobia
2009-11-01, 03:37
Are you not able to change your desktop wallpaper at all?
What operating system do you have,Windows XP?

sinclaircats
2009-11-01, 12:31
Hi, I'm a new user of Spybot. I used it yesterday to remove the antivirus pro thing.

Today it reappeared (while I was searching the same site that I was when it first appeared, so I can name the site if you want me to) and I removed it (as well as all other threats) again.

I restarted the computer to remove the threats that couldn't be removed before. But now I can't have a custom desktop background for some reason. :confused: I know its not a huge deal, but I'd like to have a decent background.

I guess I should note that I only have a moderate knowelege of computers. So I don't know much about how spybot actually works. I just had it remove all threats for me.

Your post matches what I wanted to say exactly because I am useless on the computer . Spybot is just so wonderful and saved my computer but when I got spybot I wanted to delete trendmicro but it won't let me delete them and keep putting all my problems back. No matter what I do trend micro keep coming back again and again and I think it is because of them I am still having problems with malware. I keep losing everything on my desktop too . When I think of what Trendmicro cost me I could cry because they have given me more problems than when I started and yet I only gave spybot a couple of donations through paypal and they have been awesome in the last few months IF ONLY I COULD GET RID OF TREND MICRO

Zenobia
2009-11-01, 14:56
Which Trend Micro product do you have?