PDA

View Full Version : After update disaster!!!

divydav
2009-10-31, 11:39
I have no idea where to put this but here goes I have been using Spybot successfully for a loooong time (even waited for C2.LOP to finish!) Then against my friend's advice about never updating, I bit the bullet snd updated yesterday evening while downloading all pertinent updates and waiting on dial-up for all these fairly large filles to load, after about an hour the last four files were not loaded, and I was informed that a new version would be required to download.. Which I again patiently allowed to happen. After I ran that new version, it told me another extension of the program was needed which I again patiently downloaded and tryed to run. At that point it shut down with the message about not being able to find a dynamic library called (sqlite3.dll) I do not know what this means or what happened. Thinking it was a mistake in the download, I used the control panel to add/remove that program and reinstall my older version again. It also could not find that dynamic library (sqlite3.dll). So I went to control panel add/remove again and removed that version, and found another older version I thought if it was a new problem, it would not be on a fresh older version download, but this version also would not run looking for that same dynamic library (sqlite3.dll) I have no idea what this is and why after I downloaded and tryed to run the updated version of Spybot S&D it was lost. I am not a happy camper-I depend on your program to keep my computer safer, and now after doing what your update site wanted, cannot run Spybot S&D anymore. HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance

divydav
2009-10-31, 11:45
This is me again(divydav)

I Need a reply ASAP because as of yesterday evening I am now convinced I have an unsafe system-because that dynamic library (sqlite3.dll) is missing and I cannot run Spybot S&D.

HEEEEEEEELP!!!!

Thanks in advance

Gopher John
2009-10-31, 18:02
This is me again(divydav)

I Need a reply ASAP because as of yesterday evening I am now convinced I have an unsafe system-because that dynamic library (sqlite3.dll) is missing and I cannot run Spybot S&D.

HEEEEEEEELP!!!!

Thanks in advance

See this link. sqlite (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=51541&highlight=uninstall)

divydav
2009-11-13, 09:44
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

For your quick reply and sending me in the right direction. Now I have version 1.62 on my computer now do I need to update? Will I end up like I did the last time I updated with the older version?

Thanks again

Gopher John
2009-11-13, 15:55
Thank spybotsandra. I only did a search, she provided the solution.:D:

spybotsandra
2009-11-16, 12:17
glad to hear :)