PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Information Data Base

Frank C
2009-11-01, 17:22
Hi,
What is the "Cookie Information data base"? Is this new? I have 32 tracking cookies. This is the first time that I have seen this. My spybot is 1.6.0.30
Thanks
Frank C

drragostea
2009-11-02, 01:39
I am not sure what you are referring to by the "Cookie Database".

Fyi, you should be running the latest stable build of Spybot-Search&Destroy (1.6.2.46):
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/ownmirrors1/index.html
-
Is the 32 tracking cookies appearing on your scan results? They are merely minor entries. I mean they do not pose much harm in the general view. Spybot is just informing you that you have these cookies on your HD. You can always remove them with a simple click.

Frank C
2009-11-02, 02:53
Thank you for the reply drragostea.

Cookie Information Data Base was the heading used on the scan results page. Here is one entry from the report:

info: Cookie information database: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, fixed)

I have been running Spybot for many years and this is the first time that I have seen this.
I do not accept third party cookies and I delete cookies upon browser exit.
And, I am blocking many sites with HOSTS.
I am intolerant of tracking cookies.

I will upgrade to the newer Spybot that you mentioned.
Thank You
Frank C

drragostea
2009-11-02, 03:29
Have fun blocking them. I think the Cookie data base was one of those info boxes on the right hand side? I am uncertain. But it should not be a big deal... I mean a couple of cookies :oreo: can be eaten. Or swept away into the trash bin.

yess4400
2011-02-26, 14:09
Thank you for the reply drragostea.

Cookie Information Data Base was the heading used on the scan results page. Here is one entry from the report:

info: Cookie information database: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, fixed)

I have been running Spybot for many years and this is the first time that I have seen this.
I do not accept third party cookies and I delete cookies upon browser exit.
And, I am blocking many sites with HOSTS.
I am intolerant of tracking cookies.

I will upgrade to the newer Spybot that you mentioned.
Thank You
Frank C

Hi Frank,

I've been using Spybot for many years as well, and "/ info: Cookie information database" just appeared on mine yesterday as well. And everytime I "Fix selected items", it returns....in greater numbers. Did you have any success in removing it?

ty

Frank C
2011-02-26, 23:42
yess4400,
I am sorry but I don't remember the details of the scan that I was questioning. At this time I don't see anything about a cookie information data base that reminds me of that post. My last scan, today, said No Immediate Threats. There were 13 Abobe Flash player cookies that I removed.

yess4400
2011-02-28, 07:05
yess4400,
I am sorry but I don't remember the details of the scan that I was questioning. At this time I don't see anything about a cookie information data base that reminds me of that post. My last scan, today, said No Immediate Threats. There were 13 Abobe Flash player cookies that I removed.

.....................Thx.