PDA

View Full Version : Right Media?! Please help!

Rosey
2009-11-02, 08:52
i have been using spybot sd for a while and its great.
the last week my homepage which is google, hasnt been the same.
ive ran spybot and i get
fraud.sysguard
win32.agent.kds
and the always reocurring right media.

i dont know what else to do besides running spybot! that was always the fixer! please help!:)

Matt
2009-11-02, 11:22
Hi Rosey,

does Spybot still find Malware which reocurres all the time?

Rosey
2009-11-02, 17:45
the only thing spybot always finds is 'right media'. and its always at the end of the check.
here is the problem.

right media.
1 entry
browser

the fraud.sysguard
1 malware

win32.agent.kds
1 trojan

thanks for the help

Matt
2009-11-02, 19:29
Hi Rosey,

did you let Spybot fix all three entries (right media, sysguard, agent)?

Right Media sounds like a tracking cookie and won't do any damage to your computer. You can try to fix it with ATF Cleaner (http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=25)

Close all programs.
Double click on ATF-Cleaner.exe
Under Main, choose Select All and then click Empty Selected
Moreover, you can delete the cache from Firefox and Opera, if you use these internet browsers. Be careful with deleting Safed Passwords, if you use them.
Close ATF Cleaner

If you still have problems or if you think that you are deeper infected with Malware, I would like you to do that (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=304562&postcount=2).

Rosey
2009-11-02, 20:19
!!!!!! ONCE AGAIN you guys come through. thank you so much matt! program worked in just seconds and as soon as i rebooted, everything was back to normal. and the bot check didnt find anything!!!
thanks a million!!

Matt
2009-11-02, 21:21
!!!!!! ONCE AGAIN you guys come through. thank you so much matt! program worked in just seconds and as soon as i rebooted, everything was back to normal. and the bot check didnt find anything!!!
thanks a million!!
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. ;)

Happy safe surfing! :bigthumb: