PDA

View Full Version : File folder icons will not arrange by name

machol
2009-11-03, 00:57
A few weeks ago everything stated slowing down on my computer. And, when I exit programs the icons on my desktop change format briefly. I have been running CA anti-virus & Pest control as well as spybot and everything comes up clean. I also ran Hijack This. To the best of my ability, nothing looks abmormal. I did a clean disk and deleted everything from my internet settings and a defrag. everything comes up clean.

Then the past two days I am having trouble with the file folder icons (about 100 folders inside my main folder) at first they were just out of alpha order when I opened the main folder. I could right click and arrange by name and they would go back to the correct order. But, it concerned me that it was happening! But today, when I right clicked and choose "name" on the arrange by ... they would NOT sort back into alpha order.

I did a right click on the main folder and selected run spy bot. I have a number of files that say Fraud.SoftCop. I understand that is a false positive from other post. However, something is rearranging my icons and I cannot determine what it is.

Any suggestions?