PDA

View Full Version : Opera 7

dogbows
2009-11-03, 22:04
It has been some time ago since I downloaded Opera, maybe even as long as a year. I realized right away that I did not like Opera and un-installed it. But now all of a sudden, Spybot gives me immunization for Opera 7 which leaves me with 3 unprotected items today. I can find no remnants of Opera still on my computer, so how can I get rid of these 3 unprotected items? And why did they just now show up after all these months?

spybotsandra
2009-11-04, 13:21
Hello,

Those 3 unprotected (cookies i guess) is a little bug that should be fixed with today's update.

If you still have left Opera for immunizing it was probably not uninstalled correctly. They have not a very good uninstall routine.

Go to the folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Opera

Delete this folder.
Please note that the Application Data Folder is hidden. So if you can't find this folder please check your folder properties.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Gopher John
2009-11-04, 16:45
The 2009-11-04 update simply removed the protections for the 3 cookies, reducing the immunizations for Opera cookies back to 193 from last week's 196.

Opera Cookies
Unprotected - 0, Protected - 0, Total - 193

The figures at the top of the Immunize(right of the brick wall) shows
Unprotected - 0, Protected - 158962, Total - 159155
for the Limited Windows User account I am currently in. I must visit each Windows account to immunize Opera, while Firefox and MSIE 8 are immunized from the Admin account.

While Unprotected shows 0, the difference still shows 193 cookies not immunized, and those are in Opera.

Will SpyBot Search & Destroy 2.0 properly immunize Opera 10 and newer? I realize that the OP listed Opera 7, but I have Opera 10.01 and SpyBot S&D still shows Opera 7+.

dogbows
2009-11-04, 17:00
Hello,

Those 3 unprotected (cookies i guess) is a little bug that should be fixed with today's update.

Yes, they were cookies and today's update fixed it! Thank you very much, Sandra! :oreo: