PDA

View Full Version : NEW VERSION (1.6.2.46) "flashes" and NEVER DETECTS ANYTHING

Timbo444
2009-11-09, 21:23
My old version worked PERFECTLY and ALWAYS ALWAYS found some tracking stuff, and adware. The new version NEVER NEVER finds anything! I had to purchase another product which found over 60 files since I knew that Spybot v 1.6.2.46 isn't working properly. It also "flashes" for less than one second (on the screen where I used to select a web site for updates) and so I have to restart it, then it takes me to the correct window where I can select Update, Immunize, etc. Every time I have run the new version, it has never found anything. Is it possible to download an old version? Will I have to uninstall the present version first? Thanks in advance, timbo

Matt
2009-11-10, 10:04
Hi Timbo444,

:welcome: to Safer Networking Forums.

My old version worked PERFECTLY and ALWAYS ALWAYS found some tracking stuff, and adware. The new version NEVER NEVER finds anything! I had to purchase another product which found over 60 files since I knew that Spybot v 1.6.2.46 isn't working properly. It also "flashes" for less than one second (on the screen where I used to select a web site for updates) and so I have to restart it, then it takes me to the correct window where I can select Update, Immunize, etc. Every time I have run the new version, it has never found anything. Is it possible to download an old version? Will I have to uninstall the present version first? Thanks in advance, timbo
I'm not sure whether your attitude is good...
Tracking cookies doen't any harm to your computer.

I would say that it is good if Spybot doesn't find Malware. You can't expect that Spybot should always find Malware on your computer... I don't understand your logics. :banghead:

Spybot has only found once Malware on my computer and I hope it was the first and last time. ;)

Spybot 1.6.2 has the fastest scan engine and the biggest database. You should never install an older version.

Please feel free to answer. Perhaps you can explain me more detailed about your problems... because I don't know what you mean with "flash" for example...

mavchen
2009-11-10, 11:20
Hello Timbo444,

Please have a look at this link on our homepage:
Why do other anti-spyware applications detect so many more tracking cookies?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/37.html

Best Regards
Meik
Team Spybot

Arctucas
2009-11-10, 16:45

Just out of curiosity; what was the "other product" you purchased that found all these files?

drragostea
2009-11-15, 05:41
Can you give me a reference to where you found the "products" part?