PDA

View Full Version : S&D and Win98se

alicez
2009-11-15, 01:57
I've had S&D on my Win98se notebook for quite a long time. Now when I try to open it, the graph appears and then the line goes from left to right and stops just before finishing. I wait and wait and it does not open. I Ctrl/Alt/Del and it states "Not Responding."
I uninstalled and then reinstalled and still same result.
Any suggests? I just can't keep installing and uninstalling.
Or, maybe it is time to see if I can find another anti-spyware program that might work with Win98se.

Thanks
Alice

drragostea
2009-11-15, 05:23
Alice, I was wondering why you would still be using Windows 98SE. To simply put it, no amount of security protection would substitute for the Windows Security Updates/Patches. Since you already have a Windows XP Operating System (your signature), you might as well move what you want to move from the labtop to XP.

New technology is going to be "outdated" (not literally) the next day. When even modern technology is better than the Windows 98SE you have, you might as well adapt. I feel that you will be forced to because you will find that your laptop cannot work to "levels" that you want it to work to. Even if an upgrade to Windows XP or Windows 7 was in mind, you cannot possibly make it compatible with the current hardware you have.

If I were you, I might keep my laptop in a closet as an antique ^_^.

alicez
2009-11-16, 00:58
Our grandson uses it and refuses to give up on it. It has been around for quite some time. Like an old pet you grow up with and hate to lose.
Guess we will try to find a substitute for SpyBot (if that is possible) and tell him we are looking for a different AS (small) program, and hope he forgets about it in time, but as it stands, each day he keeps asking us if he can use it.