PDA

View Full Version : Laptop with Vista 32 home premium-Win32.Agent.wsg infection

yadur_pravin
2009-11-17, 06:16
Hello,
I have an aspire 5738G with Vista 32 bit home premium genuine, AVG 9, Windows Defender, Spybot S&D, Super Antispyware. 4.30, Internet Explorer 8.0 and Google Chrome. Recently while downloading 3D Games from a website a Trojan identified as Win32.Agent.wsg got downloaded. Now it has spread throughout the system. All the above mentioned softwares are updated to their latest versions available and regular updates are also on. But Spybot S&D 1.6.2.46 can only detect the above named trojan through the Heuristics. It cannot help me in removing it. I also tried downloading the other utilities like Runalyzer and Total Commander Antirootkit plugin from S&D website. But on downloading and scanning them Spybot S&D also found both the files were infected with the same trojan. I would like to know if the files from the S&D Server are also infected. Or is my system infected in such a way that every file which gets downloaded from the internet gets infected? Please help.

Blade81
2009-11-20, 17:25
Hi,

Please update Spybot definitions and see if the problem still persists. If it does, follow instructions in Before you post (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) -sticky.