PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Disabling my Spybot S&D

lizzybee
2006-06-23, 21:52
:bighug:

Hi guys
Please could you give me some advice:blush: being relatively new to the world of computing and not wanting to make any errors on my pc, i have finally had to concede to the manufacture guidelines and make a (master dvd/cd) of my pc,s recovery data on my hard disk to( cd/dvd), my pc is a Packard Bell Imedia Home. According to my manual i have to disable all my pc protection etc, and i have to admit i have been putting this off. The advice i need guys is the newbee!! version of how to disable my spybot S&E temporally to enable me to make my( Master cd/dvd), i believe this will take a few hours to complete!! and as my scans have always been clear:blush: i hope, :p i was also wondering if disabling would compromise this. Once ive, made my( Master copy) is the re-enabling of my spybot also straightforward when i got my pc it was a friend who set up my protection etc, on my pc, but is not available at the moment to re-advise. All help guys would be gratefullllly!! appreciated:bigthumb:

Yours in much appreciation

Lizzybee:heart: :heart:

Zenobia
2006-06-23, 22:33
Do you use teatimer?It's an icon down by the clock with a padlock on it.
If you do use teatimer,here's how to disable it temporarily.

1) Run Spybot-S&D
2) Go to the Mode menu and make sure "Advanced Mode" is selected
3) On the left hand side, choose Tools -> Resident
4) Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer" and OK any prompts
5) Restart your computer.

To turn teatimer back on,just reverse the steps above.

i was also wondering if disabling would compromise this.

When I have to disable any pc protection for anything,I log off the Internet.

lizzybee
2006-06-24, 18:37
Lizzybee here

Many thanks for your sound advice (Zenobia) most appreciated, i actually have Spybot S/D 1.4 am not to sure if this is teatimer!!! as you can see still learning but am studying the tutorials as i write so will be up to speed soon i hope.:confused: As all my scans have been usually clear i have neglected to study :blush: the tutorials in the event of S/D finding something untowards but to be assured i will put this to rights ASP!! promise:laugh:

Thanking you once again
lizzybee:bigthumb:

Zenobia
2006-06-24, 23:10
http://www.voiceofthepublic.com/SSD/SI/teatimer.swf.html
Have a look there,it helps explain all about teatimer.
And here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html If you use teatimer,you would have a teatimer icon down by your clock area,and you would have a window that pops up every once in a while asking you to allow or deny changes.

If you don't use teatimer,there isn't much else about Spybot that would need to be disabled when you make your master cd/dvd.There's the sdhelper,but I can't see that interfering.So,if you don't use teatimer,you should be good to go,as far as Spybot is concerned. :)

lizzybee
2006-06-25, 16:20
:present: for Zenobia,

Many thanks once again for your sound advice and help :crowned: will use the links you suggested and with your help i,m sure to have a probs free backup of my recovery data:yahoo: Ps if not i would say that i,ll be back for future advice, but then again if my pc data is all wiped out maybe not!!! :laugh:

Thanks and appreciation from Lizzybee:heart:

Zenobia
2006-06-26, 03:52
You're welcome.Good luck with your backup. :)