PDA

View Full Version : Spybot update window broken?

matoonki
2009-11-19, 21:19
I have noticed this in several versions of spybot and it's also present in the latest 1.6.2.46 in my W2000 Pro SP3 system. When I start up Spybot, I want to update it and hit the update button. It then opens the update window on top of main window. But in that window are no buttons, or they may be there for a very short while and then they disappear. I can only wait until that update is finished and decides to end. But I have no control of what it does. Any suggestions what might go wrong here or what more information I should give?

I tried to capture that window with ALT-PrintScreen and paste it into Paint, but it took some trying to get that to work. I can send it to you if needed.

I just tested with smaller main window and now the update window appears and then within one second disappears totally. But still it takes 60 seconds for the update button to be unpressed and the main window to update itself.

honda12
2009-11-28, 13:42
Hi matoonki,

You can access those two options ('Display Beta updates' and 'Display updates for other languages') in the 'Web update' category in Settings.

I was under the impression that one of the two ways of updating (either clicking the 'Search for Updates' button on the main screen or the 'Update' tab in the left column) would immediately skip the first update screen, while the other would allow the user to tick those options, however, the former behaviour seems to be the case for both ways to update.

Spybot version 2 is currently in development, so unfortunately, I doubt a quick fix will be made.

Best regards,

honda