PDA

View Full Version : Spybot SD resident protection and Win7?

molngab
2009-11-21, 21:53
Hello!

I use Spybot SD under Win7 64bit.
I enabled the option: resident protection. But, this protection (system settings protector) work under Win7?
I installed a lot of new programs, and more of them added itself to Win auto startup section-and Spybot SD don't detect the modification of startup strings!
Under Win XP, Spybot SD alerted me every time, when a new program add a startup string!
How can it be?

Thanks

drragostea
2009-11-22, 03:27
The newer build of TeaTimer integrates a new option called "Paranoid mode". So, basically the new way that TeaTimer monitors is what you would call "whitelisting". So all the legitimate changes that occur in your system are automatically allowed. If you want Teatimer to prompt you on every change in your system (as your described on your Windows XP), right click the Teatimer icon on your taskbar and click "Paranoid Mode".

molngab
2009-11-23, 18:04
I activated the option: paranoid mode.
And I added two new program to Win startup, as test.
Result: Spybot SD don't detect the new programs!
???

Why?

>>>>

The newer build of TeaTimer integrates a new option called "Paranoid mode". So, basically the new way that TeaTimer monitors is what you would call "whitelisting". So all the legitimate changes that occur in your system are automatically allowed. If you want Teatimer to prompt you on every change in your system (as your described on your Windows XP), right click the Teatimer icon on your taskbar and click "Paranoid Mode".

Arctucas
2009-11-25, 16:51
I have the same issue.

I enabled 'Paranoid' mode, but sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.