PDA

View Full Version : Browser Helper Objects Overload

briceman92
2006-06-25, 01:43
Hi,
I've recently been having problems with a registry changes. I have Tea Timer, and have it set to block the change that are constantly trying to be made:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Expolorer\Browser Helper Objects\{6D794CB4-C7CD-4c6f-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C}
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Expolorer\Browser Helper Objects\{A0072DD7-BBE8-4322-B8E1-A97576FD5E58}

Normaly this would be a good thing, because TeaTimer is doing it's job, but the registry value is attempting to be added about every 15 seconds. The alerts shown by TeaTimer fill up about half of me screen:

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8724/browserhelper2on.png
(These things, except they are stacked ontop of each other, over and over.)

Due to this my computer is lagging, and shown in task manager, 50% or more of my computer is always being used.

I have run Spybot-S&D, Norton Antivirus, Lavasoft Ad-Aware, and Spydoctor, and nothing has yet to be fixed.

Please help me sort this out! :blink:

Thanks to all in advance! :bow:

-Brice

little eagle
2006-06-25, 20:07
We will need to disable TeaTimer
1) Run Spybot-S&D
2) Go to the Mode menu, and make sure "Advanced Mode" is selected
3) On the left hand side, choose Tools -> Resident
4) Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer" and OK any prompts
5) Restart your computer.

Please click here (http://forums.security-central.us/showthread.php?t=112)for instructions on how to set up a HijackThis folder.

When the program launches, hit the "Scan and save log" button
Press that, and save the log anywhere you like.

Now if you doubleclick the log file.Go to Edit > Select all, then to Edit > copy.
Now you've copied the entire text to the Windows Clipboard

Next, go back to this forum thread, and click "Add Reply".
In an empty area click your RIGHT mouse button, and choose 'Paste' from the context menu.
There's your Hijack This log.

tashi
2006-07-02, 22:56
briceman92 still with us?

tashi
2006-07-10, 08:08
This topic is closed.