PDA

View Full Version : Possible conflicts?..

NigelS
2009-12-07, 14:42
Hi everyone! Having been a user of Spybot on an older-than-God PC with Windows 2000, I've now got a new PC with Windows 7, IE8 & Norton Internet Security preloaded.

The free Norton IS ends soon, though I have Norton 360 bought to install at that time. Will Spybot work on Windows 7 AND with Norton 360, or will there be a conflict? Also, I remember that Spybot didn't like Ad-Aware on my old machine - would that still happen & do I need Ad-Aware anyway?

Sorry if these are simple Q's, but I'd rather get expert advice than just "go for it"!

Thank you for your time & consideration.

spybotsandra
2009-12-07, 15:52
Hello,

There should not be any problems with the compatibility.
If some parts would conflict, just those parts could be disabled.

That's the way to to disable the resident feature of Spybot - Search & Destroy: run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can untick the checkboxes in front of the two tools.

Spybot - Search & Destroy should work under Windows 7 without any problems. We have already done some tests with Spybot - Search & Destroy on Windows 7. Please have a look at this link (http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=373) in our forum.
A fully compatible and Windows 7 certified version should be Spybot 2.0, but we have no release date yet.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

NigelS
2009-12-11, 02:23
spybotsandra - please accept my apologies for not replying to your kind reply sooner.

I now have Spybot & there do not appear to be any conflicts - may I ask once again for your opinion on whether or not I need to bother with Ad-Aware?

Once again, this idiot thanks you very much! :thanks:

Matt
2009-12-11, 14:16
Hi NigelS,

I now have Spybot & there do not appear to be any conflicts - may I ask once again for your opinion on whether or not I need to bother with Ad-Aware?
Which problems did you have with Spybot and Ad-Aware?
Which versions of Spybot and Ad-Aware did you use...?

There shouldn't be any problems with the compatibility between these two tools...:confused: