PDA

View Full Version : if at first you dont succede, ask the pros :)

neverbegosu
2006-06-27, 02:14
I have been stuck on this problem for two days, and i have nowhere else to turn.

Scenerio. IE 6.012blah blah blah will not open up a few webpages. hotmail.com, windows update, and an accept link on a page that my freind uses for personal work. I start thinking and run some scans, using spybot search and destroy and also adaware se. I have ran both in safe mode, multiple times to kill all the stacked spyware. In the end, the system looked cleaner then anything. I then booted back to the normal desktop and found that my internet was not working at all. So i checked processes and found disnt.exe looged on my laptop and found that it was a virus. Killed it by ending the process, (still on system). anyways i then get on the net thats now working again and download avast and avg, i run both scans and kill 7 trojans on this system. Reboot and everything seems fine, but still cant get on the webpages, so i start to think a bit more on page setup of these pages, all of these pages seem to be using java script. So i unistalled java and reinstlalled, still no fix. So i thought it was activex problems, cant get to windowsupdate to install so shot down there. thats where i am at now, wondering if any of you have ever ran into this. Thanks
Neverbegosu
Proud user of Spybot Search and Destroy. WOOOOT

pskelley
2006-06-29, 20:30
Hello and welcome to the forum. I can't remember if I ran into that or not, but I have looked at thousands of computer HJT logs, hard to remember them all. I have no idea if I can help from the limited information you have provided. If you still need help and are not receiving it elsewhere, follow these directions and i'll sure give it a try.

Please be advised that most forums Pin the information you need at the top of the page. These two links are a must before you can proceed, but I suggest you review all Pinned (Sticky) information.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=425
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Thanks...pskelley
Safer Networking Forums

tashi
2006-07-04, 23:10
This topic is closed.

If you need it re-opened please send me a pm and provide a link to the thread.
Applies only to the original topic starter.