PDA

View Full Version : Spyboot hangs after completing the scan and during immunisation

Barattolo_67
2009-12-15, 10:29
I have installed Syboot on my new Dell laptop running under Windows 7. Spyboot opens correctly, and I was able to customise all of the settings.:bigthumb:

When I launch it though, Spyboot does the full scan and then when it reaches the end it hangs and it does not proced to the next phase (the one where I can see and resolve the issues it has found).:mad:

In addition, Spyboot hangs also midway through the immunisation process.:mad:

Any ideas?:confused:

Thanks.

spybotsandra
2009-12-15, 11:47
Hello,

Do you have any other security software installed?
Did you close your browser while working with Spybot?

Perhaps you have a problem with your download directory/directories.
At the end of the Spybot scan download directories are also scanned.
Please have a look at your download directory/directories and try to disable it/them.

You can do that this way:
Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
Now select 'Settings' - 'Directories' from the navigation bar on the left.
Then highlight your directory/directories by clicking on it/them.
Then make a rightclick on it/them and choose 'Remove the selected directory from the list'.
This should help to get the scan to work.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Barattolo_67
2009-12-15, 23:10
I have Norton Antivirus 2010 running. I thought I had solved the problem, but Spyboot still hangs at the end of the scan. I have already tried all that was suggested before.

Thanks.

Barattolo_67
2009-12-15, 23:13
In the Windows event viewer I found this error related to Spyboot:

Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll" on line 8. The value "*" of attribute "language" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.

Barattolo_67
2009-12-17, 14:23
I think I got it to workmuha:, though not the way I would have preferred:mad:. I changed the settings of SpyBot, so that it does not run the scan automatically when you launch the system. This way I was able to manually launch the scan, which completed correctly without hanging:santa:. However, if I set the scan to run automatically at spybot start, then the application hangs. Quite strange, I must say:oops:.