PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

firebrddriver
2009-12-17, 05:27
I un-installed spybot from my computer when I thought I had viruses from the following problem,,,

Avast Antivirus, with database update (VPS: 091203-0, 12/03/2009), detects our software Spybot-S&D and some of its files as the trojan Win32:Delf-MZG.

This is a false positive and it has already been fixed by Avast. Please update your Avast from the previous version (issue 091203-0) to the updated one (091203-1). Then update the program itself (from version 4.8.1356 to 4.8.1368). Restart your computer as requested, and the false positive should be fixed.

More details can be found in discussions at our forum and at the Avast forum.

In case Avast has deleted any of our files, to get Spybot - Search & Destroy back, please uninstall according to this guide, then download a fresh copy of Spybot-S&D 1.6.2 here.

I was afraid to use it anymore and just tonight I've come back to the site to see what happened. I do use Avast and I'd like to re-install Spybot but I can't seem to find what version of Avast I have,,it says I should get the updated one,,,version ,,,091203-1,,,if I right click the avast icon and select "about avast" it does say ,,Build Sept 2009 (4.8.1368),,,is this the same thing and would it be OK for me to now re-install spybot or do I have to do something else with Avast before I try to re-install. I don't want to do anything until I know its OK. Thanks,,I've missed you guys. BTW how do I find what version Avast I have.

A little more info I found,,under VPS file ,,it says File Version:091216-2,,does that help any

firebrddriver
2009-12-17, 19:06
How do I make a short cut to the shredder for my desk top,,,thanks.

firebrddriver
2009-12-17, 19:08
I d/l'ed spybot onto a laptop just to see if its working OK for me now and everything seems to be fine. I posted this elsewhere but if someone could tell me how to make a desktop shortcut for the shredder I'd appreciate it,,as always thanks for all your help.

firebrddriver
2009-12-17, 19:23
Was able to create a short cut,,no need to reply.