PDA

View Full Version : When is the application version of Spybot S & D supports Google Chrome ?

MichaelC
2009-12-20, 18:50
When is the application version of Spybot S & D supports Google Chrome ? Specifically, I mean immunize features that Google Chrome could protect against such cookies as DoubleClick, TradeDoubler, startcounter, and many other that Spybot detects when using Google Chrome? Is Spybot also be created for Google Chrome? If so, when ?

spybotsandra
2009-12-21, 15:03
Hello,

I am sorry, but Chrome is only being supported in scanning and fixing at the moment.
It is a very new browser and chrome itself does not offer any interface for immunizing yet.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Guardian666
2010-07-21, 20:54
Hello,

I am sorry, but Chrome is only being supported in scanning and fixing at the moment.
It is a very new browser and chrome itself does not offer any interface for immunizing yet.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

I don't want to double post so I will just refer you to my post in the other thread: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=378125&postcount=5

In summary, it doesn't have a real API, that's true but the site blocking framework should be easy to use for the classic style of SSD immunization which basically imports them directly into the databases for those items. Just wondering if that can be used?