PDA

View Full Version : Security Tool

imageek
2009-12-21, 12:50
I would be very happy if you could add Security Tool to the detection list! Since it is one of the most aggressive rogue out at the moment, and maybe one of the hardest to get rid off, it would be good if you could add it to the detection list. I am running a virtual machine, and testing different softwares out, and Spybot SD does a pretty good job at cleaning and detecting, actually extremely good, but it can't get rid of the Security Tool, it doesn't detect it either!

Greetings,

imageek

spybotsandra
2009-12-21, 14:17
Hello,

To add it to our detections we actually need it's files for testing.
Do you have any files that you can send us?
We would also like to see a bug report.
Run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to Advanced Mode via the menu item Mode, let it scan, try to fix the problems (!) and then go to "Tools" --> "View Report". Tick all the 10 checkboxes (leave "Do not report disabled or known legitimate items" unchecked) you can find there and click on "View Report". Now choose "Export" and save the file to your desktop. Please attach this file to your email and send it again to detections(at)spybot.info.

Although nothing is present after a scan we will be able to locate the threat in your bug report.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

imageek
2009-12-21, 14:36
I would also love to see if you guys could add Internet Security 2010 to the detection list as well! I will make a new virtual machine, since I deleted it, get the same links as I used yesterday and follow your advice later today!

imageek
2009-12-21, 16:59
Seems like Spybot SD did clean off Internet Security 2010. :)

spybotsandra
2009-12-21, 17:00
Glad to hear. :)

imageek
2009-12-21, 19:58
Sandra, just one thing.

Can we(the customers) help you guys in Spybot by sending files(malicious files, of course) to the detections(at)spybot.info without asking an admin?

tashi
2009-12-21, 21:13
Hello imageek,

Infected Files. How To Submit. (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1699)

Cheers, tashi