PDA

View Full Version : Update Question

firebrddriver
2009-12-23, 16:48
I know there's updates for 12/23,,but on all my computers when I open spybot and check for any updates it says no newer updates are available. I've always had to manually update the program,,has it been changed somehow that its doing it automatically???? Also is there a way for me to see what updates have been installed in the past. As always thanks for your help.

KoshDuck
2009-12-23, 17:09
I have also seen this problem. Looking at Spybot's main screen, it said the last update was November 19th. I tried doing the updates at least a half-dozen times and got the "No updates available" dialog every time.

But then while writing this email, I went back to run the update steps again so I could get exact information to post on this board, and this time it worked.

So I'm guessing there was either a problem with the update server, or they were just in the process of adding the Dec 23rd update when we were both trying.

Give it another shot and see if it works for you.

firebrddriver
2009-12-23, 17:12
Just tried it for the 3rd time and its working Ok now.

firebrddriver
2009-12-23, 17:35
OK another small problem just popped up,,,btw I should mention that I un-installed spybot after I thought it gave me a bunch of viruses earlier this month, and just re-installed it last week. This latest problem never occured prior to me re-installing spybot and here it is,,I d/l'ed the latest updates but when I went to immunize it said I had to elevate to an administrator to be able to finish the immunizarion ,this never happened before),,anyway I went to the help menu and it told me how to do it by right clicking on the desktop icon and select "run as administrator",,so here's my question,will I have to do this for every future update,,and if I have to do that,,is there anyway I can change it so its permanent. I tried looking for somethng in the "advanced mode" under settings but I couldn'tfind anything that has to do with being an administrator. Just in case I'm running Vista. If I un-install and re-install would it solve te problem ? Like I said,,I never had to do this previous to me un-installing spybot earlier this month.

spybotsandra
2009-12-23, 21:23
Hello,

This is a Vista issue. To have admin rights unter Vista you always have to open the program and choose to run as admin with a rightclick. You need those admin rights for updating immunizing and fixing found stuff after a scan.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

firebirddriver
2009-12-23, 23:52
Thanks for your prompt reply but I have one question,,,prior to me un-installing Spybot earlier this month when I thought I had all those viruses I never had to run the program as an admin,,all I had to do was open it normally. I could update and immunize without being told I had to run it as an administrator. By any chance is this a recent change. I had originally installed Spybot on her computer a few yrs ago and until I recently un-installed,,and then re-installed I never had to open it as you've instructed. Its not a problem doing it this way,,its just something in the past I never had to do.