PDA

View Full Version : Hotbar problem

Edgecrusher
2009-12-25, 21:54
hi, i havent been on this forum for quite a long time. so i dont know if this is the right place to post this thread. but anyway, my computer is infected with Hotbar, which is an adware or something like that. i did some research on it, and some sites say that it can be removed by add/remove programs, but it doesnt show up on there.

is there anyway of removing hotbar completely?

Edgecrusher
2009-12-26, 00:18
hi, i've just recieved this malicious virus. i was scanning my computer with a anti malwarebytes software, then 2 hours later during scanning, my avira anti personal virus software detects that my computer is infected with koobface. which is a malicious type of virus going around on social networking sites like facebook and myspace, which i both use and other networking sites. so in my avira anti virus, i moved the koobface virus to quarantine and then deleted it. but im not sure if this completely removes it. can you please tell me how i will know if it's still there and how do i get rid of it permanently if it is still on my computer?

tashi
2009-12-26, 00:24
Hello Edgecrusher,

Please see this forum's FAQ which details how to produce a HJT log and copy paste it into a new topic.
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

If HJT won't run please start a new topic anyway, make note of the situation and and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Best regards.