PDA

View Full Version : A serious problem with my browser

RzfX15
2009-12-28, 04:44
I'm using firefox mainly in this computer of mine. Now, recently, whenever I google an antivirus software such as malwarebytes or even spybot, they come out just like like any other search. Now, when I click the link to the site, the google search page comes up again but the url is the one where I am supposed to go to.

When I type in the download link or url, it leads me to a google 404 error page. I have downloaded spybot and tried to install it but the updates will not work as they give the 404 error again.

The only antivirus software I have right now is avast 4.8 and please note that I cannot download malwarebytes, hijackthis and the like because I keep getting redirected to google pages and google 404 not found error pages.

I have also tried this with IE but it turns out the same way, even if I search with yahoo or any other search server/site

Like I said, I don't even have/can't get HJT so a log is impossible at the moment.

shelf life
2009-12-30, 22:43
hi,

Your log is a few days old. If you still need help simply reply to my post.

RzfX15
2010-01-03, 04:32
Yes, I still need help. Nothing's changed even after my avast scans. However, I have a different computer that works fine if that helps any. Oh yeah, I forgot to say in my previous post that I can access other sites that are non-related to antiviruses. This is only one that isn't affected since it's a forum.

shelf life
2010-01-03, 22:16
ok. anyway you could download a tool on another computer then transfer it to the one in question? Like via USB flash drive? If so you can do this. First you need to read the guide for using it. Download it to the USB then transfer it over to the other computer. You can copy it to the desktop. Once on the desktop disable you AV, double click the Combofix icon and follow the prompts. post the combofix log.

Guide to using Combofix (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix)

tashi
2010-01-11, 17:15
Hi RzfX15,

This thread has been closed due to inactivity.

If you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new HijackThis log with a link to your previous thread.

Please do not add any logs that might have been requested previously, you would be starting fresh.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start your own topic.