PDA

View Full Version : Recent Activity tracks in Windows Media

harleydom55
2006-06-28, 18:31
How do i eliminate the activity list in windows media... thanks in advance.

md usa spybot fan
2006-06-28, 19:53
How do i eliminate the activity list in windows media... thanks in advance.
By "windows media" are you referring to "Windows Media Player" or some activity list within "Windows XP Media Addition"?

I believe what you want to eliminate various MRUs (Most Recently Used) lists. To do this you want to scan for "Usage Tracks". If that is in fact what you are interested in:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Settings > File Sets. The last two items are "Usage Tracks" and are not normally check by default.

The first of these two items (Usage Tracking) lists IE Cache (temporary internet files), Common Dialogs, Cookies (see Note #1 below) and some Logs.

The second item (Tracks.uti) will list various MRUs (Most Recently Used) tracks. One of the usage tracks detected when this is checked is for "Windows Media Player" MRUs and is listed as "MS Media Player" in the problem list. If this is what you are looking for, I suggest that expand the detection by clicking on the [+] in front "MS Media Player" after is detected to see all of the individual lists that will be purged.

Note #1: To ignore selected cookies from purge:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore cookies > uncheck any cookies that you don't want to keep.

harleydom55
2006-06-29, 01:48
thank you....that did the trick. I like this program. Very versatile.

And YES it was windows media player i was refering to.

bitman
2006-06-29, 05:29
Or, if you have WMP 9 or newer, simply do the following in Media Player itself:

To remove lists of files played or Internet addresses (URLs) visited

On the Tools menu, click Options.
Click the Privacy tab.
In the History box, click the Clear History button.

Note

To prevent the history of files played and URLs visited from being stored, clear the Save file and URL history in the Player check box.