PDA

View Full Version : message says: I was infected?

noahlia83
2010-01-05, 19:13
My search engine kept being redirected for like 3 days, and yesterday while trying to fix it my norton virus said that sonar detected windupdate 95? or something like that, then it said it resolved it, but soon after everything froze and my lap top sounded like the fan sped up and then I think windows or internet explorer said it needed to shut down imeadiataly, after everything shut down and it went to my main screen, the screen was green and this huge message that read danger you have been infected and I can't remember what else it said, but then it shut down. when I went to start it again I tried to log on but then it would log me off right off, so I cant do anything with it, does anyone know whats going on?? I'm so worried that all my data will be lost I have my daughter newborn pics on there...:( also before all this happend my norton kept telling me that an attempt to attack was being blocked like every to minuts? how I can fix this? thank you! any help will be appreciated...I don't know much about these things

Shaba
2010-01-05, 19:29
Hi noahlia83

Do you have windows CD handy?

noahlia83
2010-01-05, 19:37
I don't actually, i'm at wrk now so i don't have my lap top on me but I can get instructions on what to do....

Shaba
2010-01-05, 19:46
Yes but do you have windows CD at all?

noahlia83
2010-01-05, 19:51
no i don't have a cd at all the lap top was used, i'v had it for over a year with never any problems until now

noahlia83
2010-01-05, 22:39
if the computer is to the point of no return could you please at least let me know? or what info do you need? if I need the the windows cd, does it have to be the same one that it was down loaded from?

tashi
2010-01-05, 22:58
Hi noahlia83,

Shaba will get back to you once he is on-line, our volunteers are in different time zones. :)

Shaba
2010-01-06, 08:16
No, it doesn't have to be the same if only it has the same operating system and same service pack as installed to your laptop :)

noahlia83
2010-01-06, 17:55
ok so what should I do? what do you think the problem is? remember I can not do anything with the computer it won't let me log on....i'm clueless...

Shaba
2010-01-06, 18:19
Hard to say as you can't access it but it could very well be missing/corrupted winlogon.exe according to symptoms you told. So we need CD from which to boot and put it winlogon.exe back.

Which operating system you have?

noahlia83
2010-01-06, 18:26
windows xp

Shaba
2010-01-07, 12:28
Thanks for information.

Then you just need to get Windows XP CD which has the same service pack which is installed to your computer.

You can ask also one from vendor.

Shaba
2010-01-30, 07:32
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.