PDA

View Full Version : Smitfraud-C attempt--got infected?

Moshe
2010-01-17, 19:58
I visited a website to find songs by Christine Lavin and clicked on 2 links to hear songs by her. Later I got a spybot warning that Smitfraud-C was attempting to change the registry. I denied this attempt. Seems to have been done through Quicktime. I looked at my wininet.dll, scanned it with both Norton AV and with Spybot--got negatives. Did full Norton AV and Spybot scans, which found nothing. But today there were 2 attempts by shdoclc.dll to connect to the internet, to, I think, "Adyield manager". I denied these also. Am I infected? Should I worry that I have a trojan that is not monitoring my online transactions, etc.? Tried to do online Kaspersky scan, but that is not now available. What to do?

Dakeyras
2010-01-21, 15:39
Hi. :)

Please read:-

BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then carry out all advised tasks and post the logs requested, thank you.

Dakeyras
2010-01-25, 12:39
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.