PDA

View Full Version : Spybot shows same registry problems every time.

noviceuser
2010-01-19, 04:25
Hello, I'm a noob and need some advice on how to proceed. So far this is what I've done: I run Spybot and get the following results repeatedly:

Adobe Flash Player Cookies
Cache
History
Log
MS Direct Draw
WINDOWS
WINDOWS EXPLORER

I run it without the Tea timer on and get the same results, even after I click to fix the problems. I know there is something going on my registry;I believe its due to "virtumonde" due to popups and computer slowing down.

I have run Adaware and Malwarebytes, with no problems found. I have McAfee, and also, no problems detected.

How do you get rid of this problem? Any advice is appreciated.

drragostea
2010-01-20, 00:35
I know there is something going on my registry;I believe its due to "virtumonde" due to popups and computer slowing down.
Are you sure that it is "Virtumonde/Vundo"? You have popups and a slow machine despite the clean scans from MBAM, AdAware and Mcafee?
:spider:

What you see in the results are part of the "Usage Trackage" in Spybot-Search&Destroy's detections. They are not malicious. Spybot is just telling you that you have user tracks on your machine. Deleting it or not is purely optional.

noviceuser
2010-01-20, 05:46
Are you sure that it is "Virtumonde/Vundo"? You have popups and a slow machine despite the clean scans from MBAM, AdAware and Mcafee?
:spider:

What you see in the results are part of the "Usage Trackage" in Spybot-Search&Destroy's detections. They are not malicious. Spybot is just telling you that you have user tracks on your machine. Deleting it or not is purely optional.

What I noted were just the title, the subset showed the files infected and what it contained.

This evening I scanned my flash drive, and it had trojans (generic pws.as/k8jc.exe). These were in the Spybot scan, under "MS Office 9.0," which was deleted after multiple scan attempts. However, tonight, with the flash drive, McAfee caught it immediately and deleted them.

drragostea
2010-01-20, 14:03
Okay, that is good. Thanks for the clarification.
I gave these links to another member because they were suspecting they had malware on they machine, so I would suggest you do it to confirm the security of your PC. Better now than never.

A infected flash drive and Virtumonde is not a good mix. I would suggest you not use the flash drive on the infected machine for the time being. I do not know if formatting the drive itself with remove the infected autorun.ini file though :o.

The "MS Office 9.0" you are seeing in Spybot-Search&Destroy is part of the user trackage detections that Spybot offers. Just basically it is just tracks (e.g. Last Recent Documents, autocomplete, run commands in the start menu, etc.), just the minor things that you should not be worried about. Removing it or not is purely optional.

The link is here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=356308&postcount=2