PDA

View Full Version : No internet available (won't install)

topslop1
2010-01-19, 21:12
I'm trying to run Spybot search and destroy without internet on a computer.. Is there a way to download a full size version that doesn't require the internet to get updated? Can I download a fully updated version at a larger size that will install without trying to access the internet?

Thanks guys

Lion7718
2010-01-20, 00:28
If you have a full updated version of Spybot on another computer, copy all the files onto a flash drive...than install the outdated version onto the computer that doesn't have the internet. Once it's installed copy over the files from the flash drive overwriting the outdated files.

drragostea
2010-01-20, 00:31
There is no version of Spybot-Search&Destroy "without internet". The option you are seeing upon installing Spybot is the prompt to update the program definitions early. In other words it is optional.

What you want to do is download these two files on another computer, transfer them to a flashdrive and install it on your own machine:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html
-
The first one is the main program. The second one is the latest definition updates. I would advise you to execute the second file once you have installed the first.

If Spybot prompts you to update, you can ignore it or cancel that process.