PDA

View Full Version : Windows AntiVirus Override

JamesLee112
2006-06-30, 19:25
I need some help.. I installed spybot yesterday and it sort of ruined my computer.. It found a file called windows anti-virus override. At that point i didnt know what it was so i just deleted it. The next morning (today) i turn on my computer and my window secruity thing pops up saying my anti-virus protection program status is unknown. I called windows security center and they say they dont know how to fix it. This program just screwed up my computer.. Someone tell me how to fix it? btw i tried recovering the problem but I still get the pop up.

JamesLee112
2006-06-30, 19:28
I need some help.. I installed spybot yesterday and it sort of ruined my computer.. It found a file called windows anti-virus override. At that point i didnt know what it was so i just deleted it. The next morning (today) i turn on my computer and my window secruity thing pops up saying my anti-virus protection program status is unknown. I called windows security center and they say they dont know how to fix it. This program just screwed up my computer.. Someone tell me how to fix it? btw i tried recovering the problem but I still get the pop up saying the anti virus status is unknown

md usa spybot fan
2006-06-30, 19:48
The above post by JamesLee112 (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?find=lastposter&t=5493) appears to be a duplicate of the thread started here:
Windows AntiVirus Override
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=5493

JamesLee112
2006-06-30, 19:55
Yes it is. I just really want the problem fixed since this program which has so many hits on download.com managed to screw up my computer in a matters of minutes.

md usa spybot fan
2006-06-30, 19:59
JamesLee112:

Do you have an anti-virus program and if so what is it?

Also, please post the actual detections that you received and fixed. To do this, post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log that was produced when you did the "Check for problems" and "Fix selected problems" immediately before your problem started.

By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

To post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log from the scan/fix there are two methods:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file from the scan/fix just before you started having the problem. Open it. Right click > Select all. Right click > Copy. Paste to the post.
Method 2
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. Copy and paste into the post.

JamesLee112
2006-06-30, 20:05
I really dont know how to do either of the methods. Can you start from the beginning please like.. start menue > etc.. or myspace computer > etc..

JamesLee112
2006-06-30, 20:07
I really dont know how to do either of the methods. Can you start from the beginning please like.. start menue > etc.. or myspace computer > etc..

nvm i got it now im at this folder with 8 files. or "text documents"