PDA

View Full Version : Virus: detected as bo:heap

I_Need_Help_:)
2010-01-23, 19:21
Hello folks,

I'm new to this forum and am looking for some direction as to how to proceed. I'm using a 2nd computer as my 1st one has apparently had a virus downloaded to it.

I'm getting a notice about a virus (apparently) that was "blocked by buffer overflow protection" and was "detected as bo:heap". The pathname is...

C:\Program Files\InternetExplorer\iexplore.exe :: Virtual Protect

....so, I've noticed some logs being copied and pasted, but I wanted to make sure that I pasted the correct information. What are the steps that I should follow to give the best info to receive help?

Thanks in advance for the help and thank you for running a great forum to support us! :D

tashi
2010-01-24, 04:18
Hello I_Need_Help_:)

....so, I've noticed some logs being copied and pasted, but I wanted to make sure that I pasted the correct information. What are the steps that I should follow to give the best info to receive help?

Please see this FAQ, "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new thread, copy paste the HJT log into it and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Best regards. :)