PDA

View Full Version : internet security 2010 lock out HELP !!

mossfitzg
2010-01-24, 15:09
Hi there ,

Not very computer savvy so hoperfully someone out there can help..

Last night I was surfing when hit by IS2010 bug , pop ups everywhere, looking for 50 dollars to download etc etc.

I ran spybot check , i do it on a regular basis anyway- it took a long time so left it overnight.

This morning there were various problems identified - I clicked fix problems and then re-started

NOw things are much worse -

XP opening page appears a snormal but then I see Wallpaper with no icons before page jumps to user / administrator log on

I click, it attempts to log on but then immediately logs off again.

I've attempted to log on in safe mode but am re-directed to log on page again

anyone any ideas to help a computer novice or am i facing an expensive trip to the pc shop

many thanks

ken545
2010-01-26, 18:37
Hello mossfitzg

Welcome to Safer Networking.

Please read Before You Post (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)
That said, All advice given by anyone volunteering here, is taken at your own risk.
While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen.

Lets see if we can get you into windows so we can get rid of IS 2010

To Enter Safemode

Go to Start> Shut off your Computer> Restart
As the computer starts to boot-up, Tap the F8 KEY somewhat rapidly,
this will bring up a menu.
Use the Up and Down Arrow Keys to scroll up to Last Known Good
Then press the Enter Key on your Keyboard

Tutorial if you need it How to boot into Safemode (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial61.html)

ken545
2010-01-31, 13:01
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new HijackThis log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.