PDA

View Full Version : unblock vistaprint.com??

missmax
2010-01-26, 18:31
This is the reply I received when asking "Team Spybot" how to unblock vistaprint.com.... bad grammar and all.
-----------------------------------------
Hello,
This is no false positive.
We have added those website because of a huge amount of spam emails that comes from those site.

Please see also here for bad customer experience and/or spamming.
WOT results: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/vistaprint.com

To get access to those site you can undo the immunization.
Or you can edit your host file stored here:
c:windowssystem32driveretc
Just remove the site from the host file and store it again.

----------------------------------------
If I undo the immunization doesn't that leave me wide open? I need more info regarding editing host file. Can someone give me better info on how to do this? :thanks:
missmax

spybotsandra
2010-01-27, 10:10
Hello,

You can just undo the immunization before you vistit that site and afterwards immunize again.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

ewebsky
2010-02-09, 15:56
Not really a fair assessment, they are the most advertised print company to the "not computer savvy" public... of course you have people that don't get how it works.

I order from them at least once per month and don't want to go through the process of un-immunizing both the hosts and firefox images.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=55316

If there is a need to block sites like this then it needs to be in a different product like Newbbot, but not Spybot.

:thanks:

spybotsandra
2010-02-09, 16:26
Hello,

Vistaprint will be removed from immunization with the update from the 2010-02-10.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

vicesix
2010-04-22, 16:24
I followed the instructions and removed vista print from the spybot blocked list, so now I can actually access Vistaprint--YAY!--but none of the images are showing up at all, making it pretty darn difficult to design my postcards and business cards there, lol. Help?