PDA

View Full Version : Immunization problem

Leopoldo
2010-01-31, 14:49
I have started to have a problem being able to fully immunize my machine

I have the latest version of Spybot installed with it fully updated

It will immunize everything except \SOFTWARE (Domains), i have 13044 entries but it will only immunize 138 leaving 12906 un-immunized.

I have tried turning off my anti-virus/firewall but it doesnt sem to make any difference, i am not sure its that anyway as it will immunize atleast 138 of them.

I ave tried undoing the immunization so all are un-immunized and then re-immunizing everything but still it leaves 12906 SOFWARE (Domains) un-immunized.

I am using Vista Home Premium 64bit with Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (i have even added Spybot to my list of exclusions).

This only seems to have started recently, i have a Tri-Boot system with XP HE 32Bbit, Vista HP 64bit and Win 7 Pro 64bit, i usually use Win 7 and Spybot works just fine there. I needed to use Vista for some testing so thought i would update everything whilst i was there and this is when i noticed this issue, Spybot used to work fine with Vista 64bit, i am not sure whats changed, nothing should have except that Spybot was updated.

Anyone able to help or have some thoughts on this issue please?

thanks

spybotsandra
2010-02-01, 11:39
Hello,

Did you open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as admin"?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html
Did you close your browser?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Leopoldo
2010-02-02, 16:53
Hello,

Did you open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as admin"?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html
Did you close your browser?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Yes i always run Spybot as Administrator, i have it set in the shortcuts properties and i also tried specifically telling the program to "run as admin" using the right click menu.

I made sure all browsers were shut.

It will immunize 138 of them but it leaves the rest un-immunized, this only started recently also, it used to work fine and i have not added any additional programs except a few games.

It seems Spybot has the same issue under Windows 7 Professional 64bit now also.

mcuhat
2010-02-10, 02:58
Hello Leopoldo

I do not have a solution but i have the same probleme as you...

I have started to have a problem being able to fully immunize my machine

I have the latest version of Spybot installed with it fully updated

It will immunize everything except \SOFTWARE (Domains), i have 13066 entries but it will only immunize 238 leaving 12828 un-immunized.

I am using Vista Home Premium 64bit with Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

please if you find a solution to this probleme advise me i will do the same so far 3 weeks no fix...

Thank you.

mcuhat

spybotsandra
2010-02-10, 10:05
Hello,

Which browser and browser version do you use exactly?
Have you also used the "Check again" function from the menu bar above?
Please also try to click a second time on the immunization tab after immunizing.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot