PDA

View Full Version : Internet explorer problem

Bellringer
2010-02-03, 06:06
While downloading IE from MSFT, I got many prompts from Spybot to restrict IE. I tried to determine what the right answer was on each, but after a while realized I didn't know the answers in many cases, so I began choosing to allow IE. To make a long story short, when I was done I discovered that IE wouldn't run (couldn't access any websites). The question is: How do I allow it to operate? Apparently it is the only browser that financial institutions accept.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bellringer:confused:

spybotsandra
2010-02-10, 10:44
Hello,

Please open the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer and choose 'Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration'.
There you will find a drop down menu where you should select "Ask for blocking confirmation" (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd15/index.html).
If you want to visit a blocked website choose "Allow". Hope this solves the problem.
If this doesn't work please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. Please hit "Undo".
Then open Spybot - Search & Destroy in the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
Now select 'Tools' - 'Resident' from the navigation bar on the left.
Please untick the checkbox in front of the 'SDHelper'.

But Warning: now the bad downloads won't be blocked any longer! Maybe you have to restart your computer now. Then try again to open your favourite pages. Don't forget to "immunize" again after visiting that page.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot