PDA

View Full Version : Exceptions found

alicez
2010-02-03, 20:10
Just did a SB scan on my grandson's Win7 (64-Bit) computer and it came up with 5 exceptions:
NetIntegration - Bookmark Firefox 2
Spam Vista Print - Bookmark Firefox 2
Spywareinfo Traffic Z - Bookmark Firefox

I clicked on the Fix and was told items were fixed and green check marks appeared next to each.

I ran another scan and same items were found.
Why were they found again?

I had a Vist Print web site that I used to visit to order business cards, and deleted that bookmark, but results still the same.
I ran SB scan on my other computers and nothing found, even though same bookmarks.

Why is this happening?

Alice

spybotsandra
2010-02-04, 09:55
Hello,

Spybot does only detect bookmarks, but does not remove them. In order to remove a found bookmark please open your browser and edit your bookmarks by deleting the bad one.

Please also make sure that you have the same Spybot versions and updates on each pc. To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
It should be version 1.6.2 and the updates from the 2010/02/03.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

alicez
2010-02-04, 16:34
I have looked all through my Firefox bookmarks and cannot find the ones that SB has found. I removed all the VistaPrint bookmarks and still SB finds same exceptions.

I am using the 1.6.2.46 on all computers with latest detection update 2/3/2010.

Firefox is also on all computers and exceptions are only being found on the Win 7 64-Bit computer.

alicez
2010-02-08, 00:24
Can anyone answer my previous post?
I have searched and searched and cannot find:

spam.VistaPrint
Bookmark (Firefox) default
product_page.aspx. http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/wallet_checks/product_page.aspx?xnav=Tsltem&xnav=T srltem

Spwsareinfo.TrafficZ
Bookmark (Firefox) default
downloads.html http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merjin/downloads.html

How do I get rid of them and stop having them show everytme I run a Scan on my Windows 7 (64-Bit) computer?

They are not found on my other computers which are running WinXP and Vista.

Can anyone help? Do I have to delete all my Favorites from my Mozilla?

Very irritating indeed!

Alice

Gopher John
2010-02-08, 02:09
In Firefox 3.x, Bookmarks | Organize Bookmarks. That will open the Library.

In the upper right hand is a search where you start typing. Start typing vistaprint and the rest should no longer be showing until that is the only one. You can delete it from right there by right clicking and select delete. Do the same with spywareinfo.com.