PDA

View Full Version : Email attachments no longer work?

arashi
2010-02-04, 00:42
Hello again, and thank you for reading this in advance.

As you can see, my problem is somewhat self-explanatory; attempting to attach anything to an email. It gives a message of "Ouch…there's a problem attaching 'so-and-so'.docx." I think this problem occurred around the time I used Spybot to cleanse my computer of a virus, which it did successfully.

So, I know vaguely of how using Spybot (on advanced?) can cause some things to stop working, which should then be manually corrected (sorry if this information is unclear or even incorrect!). I did have to set Spybot to advanced to fix an IP address problem, and I am just wondering if I need to do something with Spybot in order to make attachments work once more.

Also, does it have anything to do with the ".docx" that is added to the attached files? Should it only be ".doc"?

I searched around for a bit, but alas, I found no solution. Thank you for any help!

spybotsandra
2010-02-04, 10:32
Hello,

I am sorry, but I do not think that this is related to Spybot.
Spybot does not prevent loading any documents as an attachment.

Probably the virus you had destroyed parts of your Word or OpenOffice, or whatever you use. I would recommend to install that program again.

Further make sure that you have not activated any security option of your antivirus software or firewall that is causing this behaviour.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot