PDA

View Full Version : "Vista Guardian 2010"

mvp13
2010-02-13, 07:40
Hello. I have a program called Vista Guardian 2010 on my computer that is continually trying to scan my computer for problems, and stating that there is something wrong with my computer and it is being monitored. Immediately, I ran SpyBot. The only problem detected was "Microsoft.Windows.Fileexe." After correcting that problem and immunizing, the Vista Guardian 2010 still was alive. I ran another check, and no problems were detected.

I have run the ERUNT, however the HijackThis application wasn't working for me. It ran all the way through, but it wouldn't post in the notepad. Here's the error message I received just about 3/4 the way through the check:

"For some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file. If any hijacked domains are in this file, HijackThis may NOT be able to fix this. If that happens, you need to edit the file yourself. To do this, click Start, Run and type : notepad C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

and press Enter, Find the line(s) HijackThis reports and delete them. Save the file as 'hosts.' (with quotes) and reboot."

I wasn't sure if I should do that right away, so I left it alone.

Thank you,
MVP.

mvp13
2010-02-13, 07:43
Oh, forgot to mention... I did disable the TeaTimer before doing all of this, as well. Sorry.

mvp13
2010-02-13, 15:46
Sorry for the triple post, not trying to bump, just trying to keep ya'll updated...

I woke up this morning and Vista Guardian didn't run at all. I'm not sure if that means it is gone or not. But there used to be a program button for Vista Guardian in my programs list in the lower right hand corner by the time clock, but it is no longer there. Maybe SpyBot got rid of it on it's first check?