PDA

View Full Version : Computer runs slowly (Inactive)

Richard1
2010-02-13, 23:38
I have to start by apologising as I did what I have since read I shouldn't do - which is run Combofix.

The problem started as I have recently been having internet related issues - using ie8 opening tabs pressing home and nothing connecting - and no connections for sometime - internet connection however fine. Today I had a "Connection Attempt" which was by (I think) mobiledeviceapi.dll and I know in the past I have allowed this - but I noticed ignoring it altogether caused the non connection problems, so in the end I denied it and life was normal again. I did contract a virus which F-Secure could not remove and I did remove it manually recently.

So, back to the bit i did which you say do not do, I downloaded Combofix and ran it according to the instructions and to all intents and purposes the computer seems to work ok if a little slow. Are you able to help me out of my own stupidity and review the log it provided me.

Oh, I did run the HJT also, however, it will not do the log - the pop-up screen advises various fixes including - if you are running Vista right click the logo and run as administartor - this option however does not appear either on the desktop or in the start menu. So I am unable to provide that log. I do however have the Combofix log should you want to see that. I have and did not run Erunt before and before I start doing anything else perhaps you might advise.

I would be grateful for any assistance you are able to provbide me.:oops:

katana
2010-02-20, 20:22
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only,
the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
Please Read All Instructions Carefully
If you don't understand something, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
Please do not run any other tools or scans whilst I am helping you
Failure to reply within 5 days will result in the topic being closed.
Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those few things, everything should go smoothly http://www.countingcows.de/laechel.gif

Some of the logs I request will be quite large, You may need to split them over a couple of replies.

Please Note, your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use.
Be assured, any links I give are safe
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please post the combofix log