PDA

View Full Version : won't allow excite home page

cottonwoodian
2005-11-24, 07:25
I installed Spybot today and it claims excite.com is a dangerous program and everytime I open the ie browser it states it is dangerous and i should block it and this happens with all of the exite news etc. I tried to exclude it and it still demands I block it! I will close or exit Spybot until I find out how to correct this error. I hate to because spybot is so highly recommended.:mad:

tashi
2005-11-24, 09:43
Hello.
If you do not want to scan for excite's cookies:

Open Spybot>Mode>Advanced>Settings>Ignore Products.
Check the box next to excite in the large window listing the ignore products.

Alternatively, ensure you have Setting Spybot's IE Resident to "Block all pages silently":

Right click on resident icon in task tray >Mouse over Resident IE >Make sure "Block all pages silently" is ticked.
OR
Go into Spybot-S&D > Immunize.
Look in the last section labeled "Permanently running bad download blocker for Internet Explorer".
In the pull-down below "Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer" there are three options:

Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation

Select "Block all pages silently".

cottonwoodian
2005-11-24, 19:56
:) Thank you. I will keep your information in my file. Before reading your post I uninstalled Spybot from my computer. After reading your post I downloaded and installed Spybot again. After scanning for spyware it reported none found and excite loaded with no interference!
:bigthumb:

tashi
2005-11-24, 22:03
Good to hear, have a great day! ;)

jacobbigshow
2008-02-10, 05:18
I have another question, I didn't see that it selected excite as a problem, and now when I go to excite it tells me that
The browser you're using is not allowing you to sign in to Excite.

How do I reverse that?

jacobbigshow
2008-02-10, 18:59
I have another question, I didn't see that it selected excite as a problem, and now when I go to excite it tells me that
The browser you're using is not allowing you to sign in to Excite.

How do I reverse that?

Thanks it has been dealt with, if anybody else has this problem, this post will fix it:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=24093

Tintellaar
2008-04-21, 03:43
How do you solve this problem when using Firefox?