PDA

View Full Version : temporary internet file

gibot
2010-02-15, 14:25
When I run spybot to check for problem I get a small window saying "counting temporary files" but it never offer to delete the temporary internet files. I used to get the offer. I check the setting and "automatically offer to clean internet file" option is check. When I go to my temporary interenet files, there are a bunch of files. did something change with the update? I am using XP.

djpailo
2010-02-15, 20:07
Are you using the latest version of Spybot?

Also, could you try removing all your temp files using CCleaner. Then visit any website and then close the browser and try spybot once more.

gibot
2010-02-15, 21:57
Are you using the latest version of Spybot?

Also, could you try removing all your temp files using CCleaner. Then visit any website and then close the browser and try spybot once more.

Yes I am using the latest version of spybot. It happen to all three machine I have at home.

gibot
2010-02-16, 13:35
Can anyone from spybot chime in? Like I said it happen on all three machine I have at home.

drragostea
2010-02-17, 01:29
gibot, I have attached a screenshot with my post. I wanted to make sure that that was the option you were talking about. If you have ticked it, Spybot will always check and offer to clear out your Temp. files.

But, there is a catch. Spybot will only offer to clean them out if you have more than 100 temp. files on your machine.