PDA

View Full Version : Remove SDHelper and SDWinSec

Duchess44
2010-02-19, 17:52
I removed Spybot S&D and cannot remove the folder in Program Files. I tried opening that folder and deleting all contents, but those two files still remain. They say I need admin access to remove them, but I already have that. I have tried restarting my computer, which usually works in these situations, but it didn't help. How do I get rid of these two files?

Thanks

drragostea
2010-02-19, 20:52
I always prefer the cheap way to avoid frustration.
Try unlocker and unlock whatever processes are using the folders.

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/#download
-

Rosenfeld
2010-02-19, 23:15
I suspect that when you removed Spybot you forgot first to uncheck SDHelper in Spybot Advanced/Tools/Resident. Therefore IE still has that activeX component asctive and enabled.

I suggest that you reinstall Spybot, then before uninstalling it again, you go in advanced mode, Tools/Resident, uncheck SDHelper (and Teatimer if checked). Also go to immunize page and undo all immunization.
Then uninstall Spybot.

Duchess44
2010-02-21, 14:23
I suspect that when you removed Spybot you forgot first to uncheck SDHelper in Spybot Advanced/Tools/Resident. Therefore IE still has that activeX component asctive and enabled.

I suggest that you reinstall Spybot, then before uninstalling it again, you go in advanced mode, Tools/Resident, uncheck SDHelper (and Teatimer if checked). Also go to immunize page and undo all immunization.
Then uninstall Spybot.

TY. I will try that and see if it works.

Duchess44
2010-02-21, 14:47
Yay that got it. TYVM :0)

Rosenfeld
2010-02-21, 21:30
Glad that was it:-).