PDA

View Full Version : Another immunize question...plugins?

SpybotNewbie
2010-02-20, 00:35
The only thing Spybot won't immunize completely for me are 189 software plugins in the Internet Explorer (32bit) column. I don't think plugins have been covered specifically, so I apologize if this is a repeat topic. I couldn't find a plugin/immunize thread in this forum.

Dumb question, what exactly are plugins and how do I get Spybot to finish immunizing them? I'm not terribly computer savvy.

All I know is my computer has Windows XP Pro edition, I use the Explorer browser for the internet. I have re-immunized more then once. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spybot. Is there anything in my "settings" option that I should look into? I have no idea where to start as far as these plugins. I read a post somewhere about getting "admin rights" but I'm not sure how to do that with Windows XP in Spybot. I wasn't sure if that would make a difference.

If you explain anything to me in a reply, pretend you're explaining to a five-year-old. (Seriously, I get lost easily with this kind of stuff)

Thank you in advance for any help! I appreciate it!

SpybotNewbie

spybotsandra
2010-02-22, 10:36
Hello,

Please try the following:
1. Start your PC in safe mode.
2. Launch Spybot.
3. Unselect all the options in the immunization tab except the ones which are not immunized.
4. Undo Immunization.
5. Redo Immunization.

There were a little incompatibility with SpywareDoctor from PCTools that 19 items can't be protected.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot