PDA

View Full Version : Something or Somebody is changing my Spybot program

MsBull5412
2010-02-24, 19:41
Hello all!
I'm new here. Most of the time I can figure out these problems on my own. This one I can't and I need your help!

I have noticed that when I download Spybot (and I've had to re-download it many times) recently, a black box such as a run command box appears behind the program only for a second or two just as the program is finishing downloading.

I've had terrible problems with hackers over the past year and a half and have made two submissions to the FBI (IC3 Division) online.

The weird thing about the download and installation (I use the Advanced Mode) is that after that black box disappears and I download updates, immunize and check the boxes in settings and tools, most of the settings and tools are just what they were before I uninstalled and reinstalled the program!
Under "Resident" in Tools, Tea Timer is unchecked and I can't get the box checked no matter what I do. I check the registry...all is fine there. Also the program will only display "usage tracks" and nothing else. It finds no cookies, viruses etc. and I know that I have them. My running system is just not acting right. I run Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and have McAfee Internet Security Suite. McAfee isn't even running right. It never picks up anything as well and you know that it should pick up cookies! I've contacted Verizon at least 15 times in the last 2 weeks about McAfee's problems. 4 of those times McAfee shared my computer and found several Trojans and Rogue Installers. Spybot will usually pick up on items that McAfee or CA scans won't. I've used Spybot for over 5 years now and up until now I've not had any problems.

Can anyone suggest how I can fix my problem? I just want a good program that's not going to give me false results.

Thanking you in advance,
Sharyn

tashi
2010-02-24, 20:10
Hello MsBull5412,

If you believe the computer is infected please follow instructions in "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)to produce a log and then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where an analyst will advise you as soon as available.

Best Regards. :)