PDA

View Full Version : Kinda new to SB...

ManNSmkyRoom
2010-02-27, 08:34
Hey, kinda new to Spybot... Today my antivirus was reporting problems. Cant remember the names to all but one was Win32.FraudLoad.edt. Ran SB and it detected some trojans and some others.

Seems that SB fixed all problems, I ran scan again and it was clean. Just worried something is still on my pc, never really had viruses before. So, how do I know my pc is clean? Is a clean scan with SB enough to easy my mind? :confused:

Matt
2010-02-27, 09:25
Hi ManNSmkyRoom,

:snwelcome:

If you want someone to have a look on your computer:

Please read this FAQ: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) and post your HijackThis logfile. An analyst will advise you as soon as available.

Please keep us updated. :thanks:

Moreover, please feel free to add any information which seems to be important in your eyes. ;)

ManNSmkyRoom
2010-02-27, 10:11
Thanks for the info. I will probably do this tomorrow... well later today.

tashi
2010-02-27, 18:37
Hello ManNSmkyRoom,

Before posting in the malware removal forum, a couple of questions as that forum is busy and you may have to wait a few days for assistance. :)

Today my antivirus was reporting problems. Cant remember the names to all but one was Win32.FraudLoad.edt.
Which anti virus program detected the problems and did you let it clean or quarantine the issues and run another scan?

Ran SB and it detected some trojans and some others.

Seems that SB fixed all problems, I ran scan again and it was clean.

How is your computer running now and what is your operating system?

Best regards.

ManNSmkyRoom
2010-03-01, 23:22
I am using Avira AntiVir Personal. A couple warning box's popped up and asked me what I wanted to do, so I chose to quarantine them. Then deleted them from the quarantine.

I then ran a scan that came up clean... so then I ran Spybot and it found quite a few things(which normally is none). I chose to fix the problems, it fixed all but two. I ran SB again, it found and fixed the two remaining. Then I rebooted in safe mode ran my antivirus and SB and they both came back clean. I restarted in normal mode and ran both again, all was clean.

My computer is running normal and I'm using Vista.

Sorry it took a while for my reply.

tashi
2010-03-02, 00:31
Hi ManNSmkyRoom.

Sounds like everything is alright then, thank you for letting us know. :)

If ever the PC shows signs of infection that can't be removed by your security programs please feel free to post in the Malware removal forum.

Cheers.

ManNSmkyRoom
2010-03-03, 02:04
Thank you for you help it was fast and friendly. If ever I need assistance again, I know where to come. :rockon: