PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Team Member-I found the update the could be causing problems.

groze
2010-03-01, 21:28
Spybot Team Member-I found the update that could be causing problems.

I did finally get Spybot S&D 162 to run.

I installed all updates but this one
iMost Up-To-Date detections 3 MB 2010-2-24

Installing this causes Spybot S&D not to finish loading, when started.

From reading this forum, other people may have this problem as well.

dew_veil
2010-03-03, 07:09
Great :-)

But how do you "uninstall" an update which was automatically downloaded/installed by Spybot S&D and prevents it from starting again? :-)

I see a list of zip files in the "Updates" folder, there are two files dated from 24-Feb
supplemental.zip (759 Ko)
includes.zip (3750 Ko).

This includes.zip contains several sbi files, the biggest one is TrojanC.sbi which is 3541 Ko.

But I see no "Most up-to-date" file :-(

How do I get Spybot to load again? :-)

Thanks!

groze
2010-03-03, 13:23
dew_veil

Since you ask. I will tell you.
I uninstalled spybot. Then re-download spybot full version from file hippo. Install spyboy S&D don't choose download updated immediately. Unchecked Tea time & SD helper stay resident programs. Then let it finish installing. Run program. Choose updates. Uncheck "iMost Up-To-Date detections 3 MB 2010-2-24" I used the Safer-network number 2 for downloading.

All the rest of the updates will install without a problem. I reported this as a bug. I got an email back saying the need more information. I can't give them more information. Plus they told me to scan my system and use the undo function. Which really has no bearing on this problem.

The program is still slow loading, but it loads. I ran the program, no spyware found.