PDA

View Full Version : trying to get rid of atmclk.exe, regperf.exe (and others?)...

somerichs
2006-07-05, 01:24
Hi-

i somehow got atmclk.exe onto my computer and i've been trying to get it off. I followed the instructions from the following thread on Safer Networking Forums: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=4015

Seems like it worked (didn't see atmclk.exe as an active process like i did before in Task Manager), but i'm certain i wouldn't know if it worked for sure without something very noticeable occuring. i can say that i'm at least not getting those annoying fake pop-ups about the viruses anymore.

Following please find the items requested in the above-mentioned thread, the rapport.txt file, Ewido Log, and the HJT Log.

Any assistance anyone can provide in making sure i'm clean would be so very much appreciated!

Rapport.txt File

SmitFraudFix v2.67

Scan done at 14:08:41.05, Mon 07/03/2006
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\rdickerson.CM-RDICKERSON\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
Fix ran in safe mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Before SmitFraudFix
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{6af69c4d-420a-4c95-b34f-e4635f84f53b}"="forevouched"

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Killing process

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Generic Renos Fix

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting infected files

C:\WINDOWS\system32\atmclk.exe Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dcomcfg.exe Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hp???.tmp Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ld???.tmp Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ot.ico Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regperf.exe Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\simpole.tlb Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\stdole3.tlb Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ts.ico Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\1024\ Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\Desktop\Online Security Guide.url Deleted
C:\Program Files\Security Toolbar\ Deleted

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting Temp Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning done.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» After SmitFraudFix
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

EWIDO LOG

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 3:50:13 PM 7/3/2006

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@jcrew.112.2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@msnportal.112.2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@ads.addynamix[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Addynamix : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@rotator.adjuggler[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adjuggler : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@z1.adserver[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adserver : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@adtech[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adtech : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@advertising[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@atdmt[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@atdmt[3].txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@bluestreak[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Bluestreak : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@bluestreak[3].txt -> TrackingCookie.Bluestreak : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@citi.bridgetrack[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Bridgetrack : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@centrport[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Centrport : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@clickbank[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Clickbank : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@data.coremetrics[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Coremetrics : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@test.coremetrics[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Coremetrics : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@doubleclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@doubleclick[3].txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@e-2dj6wfkoqocpeho.stats.esomniture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@e-2dj6wjkyukcjsep.stats.esomniture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@fastclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@media.fastclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@ehg-dig.hitbox[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@ehg-foxsports.hitbox[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@ehg-lionsgate.hitbox[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@ehg-techtarget.hitbox[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@hitbox[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@server.iad.liveperson[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@mediaplex[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@stat.onestat[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Onestat : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@perf.overture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@ads.pointroll[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@questionmarket[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@edge.ru4[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Ru4 : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@bs.serving-sys[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@serving-sys[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@adopt.specificclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@statcounter[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@statcounter[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@tacoda[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@targetnet[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Targetnet : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@trafficmp[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@tribalfusion[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\RDickerson\Cookies\rdickerson@tribalfusion[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned.

::Report end

HIJACK THIS LOG

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:47:50 PM, on 7/3/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\tng\services\bin\cam.exe
C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\LogWatNT.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\NICServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\UMCSTUB.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\SxpInst\sxplog32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.1\J2GDllCmd.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\DTS\bin\dtstray.exe
C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.1\J2GTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Omnipod\POD35\omnipod35.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\Gcc.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\DTS\bin\tngdta.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\DTS\bin\tngdoba.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\Unicenter Software Delivery\BIN\SDSERV.EXE
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\OdHost.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\Unicenter Software Delivery\BIN\TRIGGAG.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sxplog] C:\SxpInst\sxpstub.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SDJobCheck] triggusr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UAMAgent] C:\Program Files\CA\Unicenter Asset Management\Agents\UMCLOGIN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CA Roaming Users] DMSCRIPT.EXE "C:\Program Files\CA\Unicenter Software Delivery\SD\Roaming\RoamingUsers.dms"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CA-AMAgent] C:\Program Files\CA\Unicenter Asset Management\Agents\amagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mercora] "C:\Program Files\Mercora\MercoraClient.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eFax 4.1] "C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.1\J2GDllCmd.exe" /R
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Cisco Systems VPN Client.lnk = C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\vpngui.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Data Transport Service Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\DTS\bin\dtstray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: eFax 4.1.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.1\J2GTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: POD.lnk = C:\Program Files\Omnipod\POD35\omnipod35.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Wireless-G Notebook Adapter.lnk = C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\Gcc.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.2) - http://ecmworkplace.filenet.com/Workplace/download/j2re-1_4_2-windows-i586.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = filenet.fn.com
O17 - HKLM\Software\..\Telephony: DomainName = filenet.fn.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = filenet.fn.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = filenet.fn.com
O23 - Service: Asset Management Agent (AmoAgent) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\UMCSTUB.EXE
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Unicenter Message Queuing Server (CA-MessageQueuing) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\tng\services\bin\cam.exe
O23 - Service: CA-License Client (CA_LIC_CLNT) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Lic98Rmt.exe
O23 - Service: CA-License Server (CA_LIC_SRVR) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Lic98RmtD.exe
O23 - Service: Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service (CVPND) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: Event Log Watch (LogWatch) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\LogWatNT.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates McShield (McShield) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Task Manager (McTaskManager) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: NICSer_WPC54G - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\NICServ.exe
O23 - Service: Unicenter Software Delivery (SDService) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\Unicenter Software Delivery\BIN\SDSERV.EXE
O23 - Service: DTS Browser (TNG-DOBA) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\DTS\bin\tngdoba.exe
O23 - Service: DTS Metrics Gatherer (TNG-DTMG) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\DTS\bin\tngdtmg.exe
O23 - Service: DTS Agent (TNG-DTS) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\DTS\bin\tngdta.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe

LonnyRJones
2006-07-08, 15:34
somerichs

Those logs look ok, hows the PC acting, any problems ?

somerichs
2006-07-09, 01:47
Hi Lonny-

Thanks for taking a look at everything. I've been using the computer since i sent you those logs and it seems to be okay. i think the first time a started it up after going through all those steps, when i brought up IE it still showed "about:blank" in the address line, which made me think maybe something was still wrong, but i went in and changed my home page and it's been fine...

i still have ewido, spybot and hijackthis on my computer; will all of those run okay with Mcafee?

Thanks again for reviewing my logs!

LonnyRJones
2006-07-09, 04:09
"i still have ewido, spybot and hijackthis on my computer; will all of those run okay with Mcafee?"

Keep them, you should delete smithfraudfix though, if its needed again it will have been updated. Hopefully it wont be needed again :)

Think Prevention: Put in place a good hosts file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
Replace it once or twice a month

To help avoid reinfection see "So how did I get infected in the first place?"
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279

somerichs
2006-07-10, 20:16
Got it, thanks again for the help and the info, Lonny!

tashi
2006-07-14, 14:22
As the problem appears to be resolved this topic will be archived. :)

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original topic starter.